Friday, October 05, 2007

Don't Knock It Until You Try It...Try It, THEN Knock It

I've gotten a couple of free iTunes music downloads from Starbucks this week...KT Tunstall (One Day...not my favorite song of hers, but GREAT bass line), and this morning...Keith Urban.

Well, not usually a country fan, I decided to give it a try. Can't hurt, right? It's free, anyway.

So...turns out the music isn't THAT bad, but the lyrics are completely banal, and his singing is pretty bad. Not sure how people decide who the popular artists are. I would recommend his band go and create some intrumental albums without Mr. Urban there to fuck up the song for them.

I'll keep this in my library as a reminder to avoid it in the future.

Still not nearly as bad as James Blunt's sad screechy two-note "You're Beautiful" pile of shite that should honestly be considered some kind of war crime. Keeps me from spending all my hard-earned scrilla, though, as I have to avoid shopping for fear of being unwittingly subjected to it.

No comments: